Travel to Europa Nee A Schengen Visa:
Schengen Visa is the document issued by the appropriate authorities to the interested party for visiting/travelling to and within the Schengen Area. The Schengen Area is comprised of 26 countries that have agreed to allow free movement of their citizens within this area as a single country. Of the 26 countries bound by the Schengen agreement, 22 are part of the EU and the other 4 are part of the EFTA.
The Schengen Member States including:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark., Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Liechtenste
Who needs a Schengen visa?
The citizens of the non-Schengen member countries are requested a mandatory Schengen Visa in order to enter the Schengen Zone. There are exceptions to this rule, however: for some countries that are not part of the Schengen Agreement yet aren't required a visa to enter the Schengen zone; Click here to find the list of the countries that need a visa to enter the Schengen area
When applying for the visa
You should know that you have to personally hand the required documents once you've made an appointment at the embassy/consulate. It is always recommendable to arrange the appointment at least 15 days prior to your departure since that is the estimated time needed for the bureaucratic process taking part in the corresponding institution.
Every Schengen country shares more or less the same requirements in issuing a visa to the needy party. However, there are slim differences here and there, depending on the consulate/embassy on the required documents additional to the main identification papers and your current economic status.
Visa Application Requirements
In order to travel to one or more of the Schengen Zone countries, as aforementioned, one needs to apply for a Schengen visa at the designated embassy/consulate. There are, however, certain requirements similar to every embassy/consulate that have to be met in order to pursuit the application. A unified exemplar of the requested documents with the additional information is meticulously described and listed at Schengen Visa Application Requirements.
Types of Schengen Visa
Regarding the nature/purpose of the travel, there are several types of a Schengen visa issued by the designated embassy/consulate.
1. Uniform Schengen Visas (USV) The Uniform Schengen Visa stands for a permit of one of the Schengen Area Member Countries to transit or reside in the desired territory for a certain period of time up to the maximum of 90 days every six month period starting from the date of entry. According to the purpose of traveling the Uniform Schengen Visa applies to all of the three categories, "A", "B" and "C".
2. Limited territorial validity visas (LTV) This type of visa obtained allows you to travel only in the Schengen State that has issued the visa or in some other cases, in the certain Schengen States specifically mentioned when applying for the visa. Apart from these Schengen countries, this specific visa is invalid to any other Schengen country not specified prior.
3. National Visas The national visa of "D" category is granted to the certain individuals who are to be studying, working or permanently residing in one of the Schengen countries. The national visa can be of a single entry, granted for the people who are in need of residing in the Schengen country for a certain period of time, or for a sole purpose after which they shall return to their country.
Read more information about Schengen Visa Types!
When applying for a Schengen visa there is a non-refundable mandatory visa fee every applicant must pay. The visa costs vary depending on the type of visa and age of the applicant as well as some other exceptions stated in the text.
The regular fee (in Euro) in the following:
Airport transit Visa 60 EURS
Short stay visa, less than 90 days 60.00 EUR
Long stay visa, more than 90 days 99.00 EUR
Read more information about Schengen Visa Fee.
Visa Application Steps
1. Identify the country or countries you will be travelling to. It is particularly important to know which countries you are travelling to because it determines where and how you are going to send your application.
If you are intending to visit just one Schengen country, you will need to apply for the Schengen visa directly with the embassy or consulate of that particular country.
If you are intending to visit two or more Schengen countries, your application must be sent to the embassy or consulate of the country that shall be your main destination.
If you are intending to visit several Schengen countries, but do not have a main destination, you should apply for the visa at the embassy or consulate of the first Schengen country on your travel itinerary.
2. Fill out an application form beforehand to obtain a Schengen visa. You can download and print off the form online.
3. Prepare all the requirements for your Schengen visa application. Depending on the consulate or embassy, you required to show the following documents:
A valid national passport
Evidence showing the purpose of your trip (e.g. hotel reservations)
Proof of medical insurance
A round-trip travel ticket
Proof of funds When applying for a Schengen Visa, the embassy or consulate requires you to provide current bank statements amongst other documents. They need to assess whether you have sufficient financial means of support during the duration of your stay.
Check the processing time to ensure you get your Schengen visa on time. The processing time varies per embassy, so it is important to take the processing time into account when planning your trip.
4. You must submit your Application package in person to the Consulate you will go.
5. Drop off your pick up slip and Authorization letter to us
6. BCV will pick up and FedEx passport back to you as soon as the visa is ready.
BCV can help you to make appointment (only limited the consulates in Houston, TX).
BCV can help you to prepare the application forms and support documents to comply with consulate's requirement (pre-check service).
For more information, Call us at 281 660 6151